Do I have to qualify for BAC’s services? 

There is no qualification needed to access our program. Call us to inquire about our services and to get the consent process started.

Do you take insurance?

We are a 501c3 non-profit and do not bill insurance. In our efforts to find resources for our families who are insured, we consider their insurance company and coverage.

How much does it cost?

We love to pay it forward and believe in the power of helping others. When you call us to receive services, you will be informed that your child has already been financially sponsored by the last family. If you’re able and willing to sponsor the next child, you’re given the opportunity to donate to Building All Children. This is a tax-deductible donation and is not required to receive services. Donations can be made by check or online using our donation link.

How do I start the process of having my child assessed?

Call our office at 918-398-6127 and we’ll immediately get a consent packet to you via mail or email. Once we receive the consent back, we’ll call you to schedule the assessment. Assessments are typically scheduled Monday through Thursday between 9am and 1pm with some flexibility by request.

What happens after the assessment?

Once the assessment is completed, we prepare a report unique to your child. We schedule a time for you to return to the office without the child to discuss the assessment scores and resources and/or recommendations. Once these steps are taken, we follow up with the family to ensure that resources are in place and are benefiting the child. A rescreen may be requested and scheduled within the year to assess a child’s developmental progress.

Will you diagnose my child?

No – our Child Development Specialists and Certified Child and Parenting Specialist are not able to diagnose children. We complete academic and developmental assessments that are intended to yield scores that show a level of development, but not a diagnosis. We will guide the family to a professional that can diagnose if we believe the need is warranted.

How do I handle my child’s IEP or 504 plan?

These can be difficult circumstances to understand and navigate as a parent, but we are here to help. Once you’ve been through our assessment process, one of our Child Development Specialists can help you advocate for your child by sharing (with consent) our report and/or joining you for meetings with the school teacher and/or administration.

Is my child “gifted”?

We believe all children have gifts and talents that may or may not be discovered through an assessment. If your child scores within a gifted category on an academic assessment that is completed in our office, we will help guide you to resources that would benefit your child.

Are you a school or therapy program?

No. We are a nonprofit program that assesses a child’s overall development. If we believe therapy of any kind could benefit your child, we will guide you to those services. We do not provide therapy or schooling of any kind within our office, but instead, connect our families with outside resources to provide these services. Our BUILDing Readers program employs reading teachers who tutor within our office.

Can you help my child’s school or teacher better serve my child?

Yes – our Child Development Specialists are able, with signed consent and facility approval, to observe a child during their school day and report back to the family. This helps us understand how the child responds socially and within a different environment than home or our office. We can then, with signed consent, discuss the observation notes with the teacher(s) in order to provide recommendations that could benefit the child within the classroom.